Human Resources Intern
The Mechanicsburg, PA office of Modjeski and Masters is looking for a Human Resources Intern for this summer and fall months.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or studying toward a degree in Human Resource Management or a related field from an accredited college or university and
- 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
General responsibilities could include:
- Identify job fairs and on-campus recruiting opportunities;
- Post job advertisements with the job boards and other recruiting sources;
- Remove job advertisements from job boards and other recruiting sources once vacancies have been filled;
- Assist with reviewing applications and resumes for minimum qualifications and then forward applications or resumes to the appropriate office manager for consideration;
- Assist with organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates;
- Assist with maintaining Equal Employment, Veteran, and Affirmative Action related information and compile reports;
- Assist with conducting new employee orientation and employee exit interviews;
- Monitor changes in legal environment to stay in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and update policies and procedures as required;
- Assist with maintaining the employer performance appraisal system;
- Update staff manual as needed;
- Update employee records in Deltek Vision as needed,
- Assist in the development of position descriptions;
- Be available to assist in benefits and compensation administration and
- Additional duties as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems;
- Proven experience working in an office environment;
- Working knowledge of U.S. labor laws;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications;
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Effective communication skills and
If interested and qualified for this position, please include a cover letter when applying. Thank you.