Entry level Structural Engineer
The Grand Rapids, MI office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a Bridge Design Engineer with 0-4 years of related experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Internship or other design or inspection experience is preferred and
- EIT is preferred.
General responsibilities could include:
- Standard structural design calculations;
- Basic structural analysis and design of standard bridge components using general analysis software, client-specific software and in-house programs under direct guidance from Project Managers and senior-level engineers;
- Preliminary details using CAD software and
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned, including field and construction service assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment on bridge related projects;
- Basic knowledge of computer assisted drafting and design;
- Ability to use standard engineering analysis software;
- Proficient with Excel worksheets;
- Ability to effectively receive and convey ideas and information orally and in writing with co-workers, project managers, supervisor, and other team members and
- Good oral and written communications skills, with a fluency in English.