Entry Level Design Engineer
Modjeski and Masters is looking for a Bridge Design Engineer with 0 - 4 years of job related experience in our Railroad Business Unit in our Mechanicsburg, PA; New Orleans, LA or Washington, DC offices.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and
- E.I.T is required.
General responsibilities could include:
- Review and check standard structural design calculations;
- Perform limited structural analysis and design of standard bridge components using general analysis software, client-specific software and in-house programs under direct guidance from project managers and senior-level engineers;
- Develop preliminary details using CADD software, and provide information to CADD technicians for development of contract plans directly related to design work;
- Prepare project-related documents and internal correspondence;
- Perform and check quantity take-offs from contract plans;
- Review and check basic structural and shop drawings;
- Provide information for design reports and
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities, including field and construction service assignments as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of structural analysis design techniques, tools and principals;
- Basic knowledge of computer assisted drafting and design;
- Ability to use standard engineering analysis software;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, project managers, supervisor, and other team members and
- Ability to effectively receive and convey ideas and information orally and in writing with co-workers, project managers, supervisor, and other team members.
If interested and qualified for this position, please include a cover letter when applying. Thank you.