Entry-level Bridge Design Engineer
The Poughkeepsie, NY office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire an entry level Engineer with 0-2 years experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and
- E.I.T. preferred
- Review and check standard structural design calculations;
- Perform limited structural analysis and design of standard bridge components using general analysis software, client-specific software and in-house programs under direct guidance from project managers and senior-level engineers;
- Develop preliminary details using CAD software, and provide information to CAD technicians for development of contract plans directly related to design work;
- Prepare project-related documents and internal correspondence;
- Perform and check quantity take-offs from contract plans;
- Review and check basic structural and shop drawings;
- Provide information for design reports and
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned, including field inspections and construction service assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of structural analysis design techniques, tools and principles;
- Basic knowledge of computer assisted drafting and design;
- Ability to use standard engineering analysis software; and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, project managers, supervisors, and other team members.
Learn more about our Poughkeepsie office:
If interested and qualified for this position, please include a cover letter when applying. Thank you.