The Raleigh, NC office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a Bridge Design Engineer with at least 8 years of design experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and a
- North Carolina PE license or eligible to take PE exam is preferred.
General responsibilities could include:
- Lead and coordinate structural design tasks on multiple, concurrent projects;
- Assist the Project Manager in managing the work of engineers and technicians assigned to the project;
- Assist the Project Manager in the project planning, development of design approaches, and monitoring project schedule;
- Perform detailed checking of design calculations, drawings, reports, and other deliverables before they are reviewed by the Project Manager and
- Mentor and train less experienced staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of bridge analysis, design, rehabilitation, detailing and plan production;
- Knowledge of NCDOT bridge design practices, policies and procedures;
- Familiarity with SCDOT bridge design practices and having SCDOT bridge design experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of OpenBridge Modeler and Microstation;
- Effective leadership, communication and people skills;
- Problem-identification and creative problem-solving skills;
- Good report writing and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and other Project Managers and
- Design-build experience is a plus.