The Grand Rapids, MI office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a Roadway Engineer with at least 5 years experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Highway/Transportation Design from an ABET accredited college or university;
- Michigan PE license is preferred or eligible to take the exam and
- MDOT experience is preferred.
General responsibilities could include:
- Perform roadway design tasks and assist in the development of plans, specs and cost estimates;
- Prepare basic drainage plans and details;
- Prepare pavement marking and permanent signing plans,
- Construct models on OpenRoads Designer platform and
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned, including field and construction service assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microstations and Bentley Open Road Designer
- Ability to work in a team environment on related projects;
- Familiarity with AASHTO and MMUTCD design standards and
- Good oral and written communications skills, with a fluency in English.