The Raleigh, NC office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer with 5-15 years of job related experience.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Engineering with concentration in Electrical from an ABET accredited college or university;
- 5-15 years experience in the Electrical Engineering Field. Movable Bridge and/or Transportation related experience preferred, but not required;
- PE Licensure is preferred but not initially required. The candidate is expected to obtain PE licensure as soon as they are eligible to sit for the exam and
- Submit to and pass a security background check immediately after hiring for access to certain clients’ facilities.
- Work with the Electrical Section Management and the NC Office Director to coordinate Electrical Engineering work and services for the NC office service region;
- Function as a Lead Electrical Designer for projects assigned by the Electrical Section Management as needed within and/or outside of the NC region;
- Delegate project specific tasks to other Electrical Designers and Technicians as needed to complete assigned projects on time and within the design budget;
- Coordinate project requirements with in-house Structural and Mechanical Engineers and
- Uphold and work within the QA/QC procedures and policies set forth by the Director of the MBBU for all design performed by the candidate and those they delegate tasks to.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microstation, SKM Power Tools, Visual Lighting, and related software products is preferred;
- Should be familiar with basic electrical three-phase power calculations;
- Should be physically capable of climbing ladders, stairways, and be able to work on walkways and platforms at high elevations, such as on high bridge superstructures during brief field assignments;
- Must have good command of the English language with good oral and written communications skills and
- Acquire registration as a Professional Engineer following state-required experience period(s) if applicable.
- Approximately 90 percent office work and 10 percent travel/project site work;
- Occasional travel with overnight stays and
- Will be working with a team of electrical and mechanical engineers, under the direct supervision of the electrical engineering section supervisor, who is a registered electrical engineer.