Bridge Design Engineer
The Grand Rapids, MI office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a Bridge Design Engineer with at least 5 years of related experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Michigan PE license preferred or eligible to take PE exam and
- MDOT experience is preferred.
General responsibilities could include:
- Review and check standard structural design calculations;
- Perform rating and design tasks;
- Perform limited structural analysis and design of standard bridge components using general analysis software, client-specific software and in-house programs under direct guidance from Project Managers and senior-level engineers;
- Develop preliminary details using CAD software, and provide information to CAD technicians for development of contract plans directly related to design work and
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned, including field and construction service assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bridge Inspection experience
- Knowledge of Microstations and Bentley OpenBridge Modeler
- Ability to work in a team environment on bridge related projects;
- Basic knowledge of computer assisted drafting and design;
- Ability to use standard engineering analysis software and
- Good oral and written communications skills, with a fluency in English.