Bridge Design Engineer
The Mechanicsburg, PA office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a Bridge Design Engineer with 3 - 5 years of design experience with an emphasis on railroad bridges.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and
- a registered Engineer in Training (required) and a registered Professional Engineer (preferred).
General responsibilities could include:
- Perform structural design and detailing of railroad bridge components as one of the primary project engineers with limited guidance from Project Managers and Senior Structural Engineers;
- Assist Project Managers in identifying project issues and in developing solutions;
- Perform CADD work to aid in the development of contract plans;
- Perform tasks on multiple, concurrent projects;
- Develop effective presentation skills and
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned, including field and construction service assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of railroad bridge analysis, design and detailing methods based on the AREMA Manual;
- Familiarity with CADD software, Microsoft Office Software, and structural analysis software;
- Possesses, or have the ability to develop effective leadership and communication skills necessary to lead teams of engineers and technicians;
- Problem-solving skills necessary to resolve both design and detailing issues;
- Ability to identify appropriate steps in the bridge design and detailing process, and the initiative to complete the necessary tasks;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, project managers, supervisor, and other team members and
- Ability to effectively receive and convey ideas and information orally and in writing with co-workers, project managers, supervisor, and other team members.
If interested and qualified for this position, please include a cover letter when applying. Thank you.