Entry-level Structrual Bridge Engineer
The Mechanicsburg, PA office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire an entry level Engineer with 0-2 years experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university (MSCE preferred) and
- E.I.T. preferred.
- Generate or check basic bridge engineering calculations for steel or concrete components;
- Perform structural engineering tasks for the analysis and design of highway and railroad bridge projects nationwide and
- Perform field inspections under the supervision of more experienced Engineers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment on bridge related projects;
- Able to learn and correctly apply AASHTO and AREMA design specifications;
- Physically capable of climbing ladders, stairways, and able to work on walkways and platforms at higher elevations, such as on the tops of bridges during field assignments and
- Good oral and written communications skills, with a fluency in English.