Field Services Engineer/Experienced Team Leader
The Charleston, WV office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a Civil Engineer that is eligible to be a Bridge Inspection Team Leader, with 4+ years experience in bridge inspection work.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university;
- Civil Professional Engineer license a plus and
- Must pass a security background for E-railsafe.
- Certification in NBIS Bridge Safety Inspection and other related job skill training provided.
- Organize a team and/or function as Team Leader for bridge inspections projects;
- Participate in inspection activities and lead an inspection in the field;
- Coordinate Services By Others and mediate any field issues(Rigging Contractors); and,
- Preparation of inspection reports with recommendations for maintenance and repair for all types and sizes of highway and railroad bridges, including fixed and movable bridges.
- Candidates should be physically capable of climbing ladders and stairways, working on walkways and platforms at high elevations, such as bridge superstructures during inspections, and working from snoopers, manlifts and other access means;
- Technical and rope access experience is a plus but not required;
- Experience with Bentley suite of inspection report writing software a plus;
- Experience and knowledge of WVDOH inspection program a plus; and,
- Candidates should have good command of the English language with good oral and written communication skills.
- Position requires a combination of both office and field duties. Travel and overnight stays required with most bridge inspection projects. Many bridge safety inspections will require one to two weeks of field work. Candidates will work with a team of civil engineers and technicians; and,
- Travel out-of-state to assist with bridge inspections based out of any of Modjeski and Masters, Inc. 12 offices is to be expected several times a year.
Learn more about our field services work:
If interested and qualified for this position, please include a cover letter when applying. Thank you.