Entry Level Highway Engineer
The Charleston, WV office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a Highway/Field Services Engineer with 0 - 4 years experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and
- Engineer in Training certification is preferred and
- Must be able to pass a security background check for e-RAILSAFE and TWIC.
General responsibilities could include:
- Review roadway design tasks;
- Review project-related documents and internal correspondence;
- Check quantity take-offs from contract plans;
- Review basic roadway and shop drawings;
- Provide information for reports;
- Perform field inspections and prepare inspection reports with recommendations for maintenance and repair for all types and sizes of bridges;
- Assist in preparation of bridge repair details and associated construction contract documents and
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment on related projects;
- Basic knowledge of industry standard software (MS Office, OpenRoads, MicroStation);
- Familiarity with AASHTO and MUTCD;
- Physically capable of climbing ladders, stairways, and able to work on walkways and platforms at higher elevations, such as on the tops of bridges during field assignments and
- Good oral and written communications skills, with a fluency in English.