Senior Bridge Engineer
The Washington, DC office of Modjeski and Masters is looking for a Bridge Engineer with at least 12 years of bridge design experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BSCE from an ABET accredited college or university and a Registered Professional Engineer.
- Lead and manage structural design efforts of major highway, rail and movable bridge projects;
- Perform studies and special tasks such as vessel collision, pier protection, seismic, fatigue, emergency response, design build, waterfront and ferry facilities;
- Provide supervision and mentoring of entry-level engineers;
- Work with clients, subconsultants, contractors, fabricators, and others to provide full range of services from conceptual design to CSS;
- Assist office manager in marketing and new project pursuits; and
- Assist in the development of technical and price proposals.
- Extensive knowledge of technical skills of bridge analysis, design, rehabilitation, detailing and plan production;
- Effective leadership, communication and people skills;
- Problem-identification and creative problem-solving skills;
- Good report writing and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to perform project, financial and people management duties;
- Ability to take initiatives to execute complete design and CSS tasks; and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and other project managers.
If interested and qualified for this position, please include a cover letter when applying. Thank you.