Field Services Engineer
The Washington, DC office of Modjeski and Masters is looking for a Field Services Engineer with 0 - 7 years of experience in bridge related work.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university;
- E.I.T. or P.E. is preferred and
- Must be able to pass a security background check for e-RAILSAFE and TWIC.
- Perform field inspections and prepare inspection reports with recommendations for maintenance and repair for all types and sizes of highway and railroad bridges, including fixed bridges, such as suspension and cable-stayed bridges, trusses, girder and beam bridges and movable bridges;
- Assist in monitoring new bridge construction or rehabilitation and special investigation (load ratings and emergency inspections) projects and
- Assist in preparation of bridge repair details and associated construction contract documents.
- Physically capable of climbing ladders and stairways, carrying large gear bags/equipment as necessary, working on walkways and platforms at high elevations, such as on high bridge superstructures during inspections, working from snoopers, manlifts and other access means;
- Ability to work in a team environment on bridge related projects;
- Have good command of the English language with good oral and written communication skills and
- The willingness to utilize specialized equipment and techniques typically employed by rock and mountain climbers (industrial rope access).
- Position requires a combination of both office and field duties;
- Considerable amount of travel and overnight stays required with most bridge inspection projects, especially during the Spring and Fall months throughout the United States and Canada and
- Position involves working conditions such climbing on superstructures and substructures of bridges and being exposed to severe weather conditions.
Learn more about our field services work:
If interested and qualified for this position, please include a cover letter when applying. Thank you.