Bridge Design Engineer
The New Orleans, LA office of Modjeski and Masters is looking for a Bridge Engineer with 5 - 10 years of bridge design experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BSCE from an ABET accredited college or university and a Registered Professional Engineer.
- Perform structural design and detailing of major bridge components as one of the primary project engineers, with limited guidance from Project Managers and Senior Structural Engineers;
- Assist Project Managers in identifying project issues and in developing solutions;
- Lead CAD technicians in the development of contract plans, and in the layout of contract plan sets;
- Assist in the guidance and supervision of entry-level engineers assigned to the same project;
- Perform tasks on multiple, concurrent projects;
- Work with clients, subconsultants, contractors, fabricators, etc. as directed by Project Managers;
- Develop effective presentation skills;
- Lead the development of design reports;
- Assist in the development of technical and price proposals and
- Perform field and construction services assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of bridge analysis, design and detailing methods;
- Possesses, or has the ability to develop, effective leadership and communication skills necessary to lead teams of engineers and technicians;
- Problem-solving skills necessary to resolve both design and detailing issues;
- Ability to identify appropriate steps in the bridge design and detailing process, and the initiative to complete the necessary tasks and
- Increased understanding and awareness of global project aspects, including the proposal process, management of time and resources, and coordination with Subconsultants and other engineering disciplines.