Bridge Design Engineer
The New Orleans, LA office of Modjeski and Masters is looking for a Bridge Engineer with 5 - 10 years of bridge design experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BSCE from an ABET accredited college or university and a Registered Professional Engineer.
- Perform structural design and detailing of major bridge components as one of the primary project engineers, with limited guidance from Project Managers and Senior Structural Engineers;
- Assist Project Managers in identifying project issues and in developing solutions;
- Lead CAD technicians in the development of contract plans, and in the layout of contract plan sets;
- Assist in the guidance and supervision of entry-level engineers assigned to the same project;
- Perform tasks on multiple, concurrent projects;
- Work with clients, subconsultants, contractors, fabricators, etc. as directed by Project Managers;
- Develop effective presentation skills;
- Lead the development of design reports;
- Assist in the development of technical and price proposals and
- Perform field and construction services assignments.
- Broad knowledge of bridge analysis, design and detailing methods;
- Possesses, or has the ability to develop, effective leadership and communication skills necessary to lead teams of engineers and technicians;
- Problem-solving skills necessary to resolve both design and detailing issues;
- Ability to identify appropriate steps in the bridge design and detailing process, and the initiative to complete the necessary tasks and
- Increased understanding and awareness of global project aspects, including the proposal process, management of time and resources, and coordination with Subconsultants and other engineering disciplines.
If interested and qualified for this position, please include a cover letter when applying. Thank you.