Bridge Design Engineer
The Poughkeepsie, NYoffice ofModjeski and Masters is looking for a Design Engineer with 7 - 10 years of job related experience.
Education, License and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university;
- Registered Professional Engineer and
- Experience working with New York State DOT and New York / New Jersey State Port Authority.
- Perform structural design and detailing of major bridge components as one of the primary project engineers, with limited guidance from Project Managers and Senior Engineers;
- Assist Project Managers in identifying project issues and in developing solutions;
- Lead CAD Technicians in the development of contract plans, and in the layout of contract plan sets and
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned, including field and construction services assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of structural analysis design techniques, tool and principles;
- Basic knowledge of computer assisted drafting and design;
- Ability to use standard engineering analysis software;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, project managers, supervisors, and other team members and
- Ability to effectively receive and convey ideas and information orally and in writing with co-workers, project managers, supervisors, and other team members.
Learn more about our Poughkeepsie office:
If interested and qualified for this position, please include a cover letter when applying. Thank you.