Bridge Design Engineer
The Washington, DC office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a Bridge Design Engineer with 5 - 10 years of bridge related experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and
- Registered Professional Engineer.
General responsibilities could include:
- Perform structural design and detailing of major bridge components as one of the primary project engineers
- Assist Project Manager in identifying project issues and in developing solutions;
- Review and check standard structural design calculations;
- Perform rating and design tasks;
- Perform limited structural analysis and design of standard bridge components using general analysis software, client-specific software and in-house programs under direct guidance from Project Managers and senior-level engineers;
- Develop preliminary details using CAD software, and provide information to CAD technicians for development of contract plans directly related to design work and
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned, including field and construction service assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment on bridge related projects;
- Basic knowledge of computer assisted drafting and design;
- Ability to use standard engineering analysis software and
- Good oral and written communications skills, with a fluency in English.