The Charleston, WV office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a Design Engineer with 5 years experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Highway/Transportation Design from an ABET accredited college or university;
- West Virginia PE license is required and
- 5 years of WVDOH Highway Design experience is preferred.
General responsibilities could include:
- Perform roadway design tasks and assist in the development of plans, specs and cost estimates;
- Develop preliminary details using CAD software, and provide information to CAD technicians for development of contract plans directly related to design work;
- Prepare project-related documents and internal correspondence;
- Perform and check quantity take-offs from contract plans;
- Review and check basic roadway and shop drawings;
- Provide information for reports and
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned, including field and construction service assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment on related projects;
- Physically capable of climbing ladders, stairways, and able to work on walkways and platforms at higher elevations, such as on the tops of bridges during field assignments and
- Good oral and written communications skills, with a fluency in English.