The Raleigh, NC office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a CAD Technician with 0 - 5 years of engineering drafting experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology with emphasis in Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD).
- Develop concept sketches, detail drawings and contract plans for transportation projects – highway, bridges and related structures – in concert with engineering staff and/or senior technicians;
- Plan development will include coordination with highway design files and documents (geometrics, topography and mapping);
- Develop plan quantities, as well as shop drawing reviews for construction;
- Develop sketches for reports and proposals;
- Assemble and/or reproducing contract documents for submissions, including electronic and paper copies and
- Some in-field work may be required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD CAD software is preferred;
- Experience with Microstation is required and
- Experience in structural steel and concrete detailing is preferred and the ability to produce precise technical plans and details using computers.