Entry-level Electrical Engineer
The Mechanicsburg, PA office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire an Entry-level Electrical Engineer with 0-5 years of job related experience.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Engineering with concentration in Electrical from an ABET accredited college or university;
- Coursework on Electrical Power, Industrial Control, and/or Electrical Motors is a plus;
- Submit to and pass a security background check immediately after hiring for access to certain clients’ facilities and
- Successful passing of the E.I.T (F.E.) is a plus.
- Design electrical control systems for both manual, automatic, and/or remote controlled draw bridge operations;
- Design power distribution for roadway lighting systems and movable bridge electrical systems;
- Develop details for mounting electrical components;
- Perform field inspections and evaluations of movable bridge electrical systems and write system evaluation reports and
- Assist with on-site movable bridge electrical system startup and/or troubleshooting.
Skills and Abilities:
- Should be familiar with basic electrical three-phase power calculations;
- Should be physically capable of climbing ladders, stairways, and be able to work on walkways and platforms at high elevations, such as on high bridge superstructures during brief field assignments;
- Must have good command of the English language with good oral and written communications skills and
- Acquire registration as a Professional Engineer following state-required experience period(s).
- Approximately 90 percent office work and 10 percent travel/project site work;
- Occasional travel with overnight stays and
- Will be working with a team of electrical and mechanical engineers, under the direct supervision of the electrical engineering section supervisor, who is a registered electrical engineer.