Mid-Level Bridge Design Engineer
The Littleton, CO office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire a Bridge Design Engineer with 5-15 years of bridge design experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and a
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Serve as the Lead Engineer in projects that contain concrete segmental and/or post-tensioned concrete design and ratings;
- Perform time-dependent analyses of concrete bridge structures;
- Develop conceptual designs for cast-in-place and precast concrete bridges;
- Oversee junior engineers in the design and rating of concrete segmental bridges;
- Oversee and perform analysis, design, and ratings of various other concrete and steel structures;
- Develop cost estimates and perform constructability reviews of concrete bridge designs;
- Prepare construction specifications and special provisions;
- Assist in the development of technical and price proposals;
- Interact with clients, subconsultants, contractors, etc. on a routine basis;
- Participate in presentations to clients, agencies and the public as needed and
- Perform field and construction services assignments
Skills and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of concrete segmental design and detailing methods;
- Possesses, or has the ability to develop, effective leadership and communication skills necessary to lead teams of engineers and technicians;
- Problem-solving skills necessary to resolve both design and detailing issues;
- Increased understanding and awareness of global project aspects, including the proposal process, management of time and resources, and coordination with Subconsultants and other engineering disciplines;
- Ability to identify appropriate steps in the bridge design and detailing process, and the initiative to complete the necessary tasks and
- Ability to effectively receive and convey ideas and information orally and in writing.