The Edwardsville, IL office of Modjeski and Masters is looking to hire an entry-level CADD Technician.
Education and License Requirements:
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology with emphasis in Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD).
- Develop concept sketches, detail drawings and contract plans for transportation projects – highway bridges, railroad bridges and other related structures – in concert with engineering staff and/or senior technicians;
- Plan development will include coordination with highway/railroad approach alignments (topographic survey and mapping, horizontal and vertical geometrics);
- Develop plan quantities and assemble and/or reproduce contract documents for submission, including electronic files and hardcopies;
- Review construction shop drawings for conformance with design requirements and
- Additional responsibilities commensurate with knowledge and experience level.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation CADD software preferred;
- Experience with AutoCAD software is preferred but not required;
- Experience in structural steel and concrete detailing is preferred and
- The ability to produce precise technical plans and details using computers.