Larry Egan Promoted to Project Manager
Modjeski and Masters is pleased to announce the appointment of Lawrence Egan, PE to Project Manager in the Pennsylvania Structures Business Unit.
Mr. Egan first joined M&M in 1998 at the Mechanicsburg, PA location where he worked for four years. After serving at another firm, Mr. Egan returned to Modjeski and Masters in 2020.
Mr. Egan has 29 years of experience in design, rehabilitation, load rating analyses, program management and construction management for highway, railroad, and movable bridge structures. He has also been a team leader on numerous highway, movable and long-span steel bridge inspection projects.
“With my promotion to Project Manager I embrace the opportunity to continue Modjeski and Masters’ expertise and reputation in the field of bridge engineering,” said Mr. Egan. “With this leadership role I have been entrusted to ensure that Modjeski and Masters’ legacy continues as an industry leader. I look forward to contributing to the firm’s tradition, growth, and success.”
Mr. Egan has contributed to many notable projects, including:
- Construction Management of Point No Point Bridge Replacement, Conrail, Kearny, NJ
- Program Management of Point No Point Bridge Replacement, Conrail, Kearny, NJ
- Rehabilitation of MLK Drive Bridge over the Schuylkill River, City of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Mechanical and Electrical In-Depth Inspection for three movable bridges (Tacony-Palmyra, Burlington-Bristol, Riverside-Delanco), Burlington County Bridge Commission, Palmyra, NJ
- Counterweight Sheaves, Trunnions, Bearings and Ropes Replacement for the Burlington-Bristol Bridge, Burlington County Bridge Commission, Palmyra, NJ
- SH249/SH99 Interchange Construction Services, Harris County Toll Road Authority, Houston, TX
"Larry’s promotion to project manger will allow him to assist in overseeing the future growth of the Pennsylvania Business Unit. We will take advantage of the successful business relationships he has fostered during his career and have him assist in seeking new opportunities in Northeast Pennsylvania as we continue to strengthen our client relationships in that region,” said Todd McMeans, director of the Pennsylvania Business Unit. “Larry’s experience in design, inspection, construction services, and client program management bolster our group’s abilities, as well as increase our opportunities for future pursuits.”
Mr. Egan completed his B.S. in Civil Engineering with a concentration in structures from the University of Maryland at College Park. He is a NBIS-certified bridge inspector and a registered professional engineer with licenses in Virginia, New Jersey, Montana, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New York.