Modjeski and Masters, Inc. is pleased to announce the hiring of Laura Rampersad, PE as Regional Director of our new Grand Rapids, MI office. Ms. Rampersad will be responsible for managing M&M’s operations in Michigan and the surrounding region. Laura’s experience includes overseeing Design-Build and conventional road and interchange design projects. Throughout her career Laura has worked primarily on projects in Michigan, with additional experience in Illinois and Wisconsin. Her projects have covered all levels from scoping and location studies to final design.
“Laura is the ideal leader to open and grow our newest office in Grand Rapids, MI. With her 27 years of experience and portfolio of transportation projects, we have no doubt that she will maintain relationships with our existing clients and add new ones as well. We are confident she is the right person to continue the proud legacy of Modjeski and Masters in the greater Michigan region.” – Michael F. Britt, M&M’s President and CEO
Ms. Rampersad has been part of many notable projects, which include:
- I-696 Scoping and Reconstruction from I-275 to Lahser – Oakland TSC
- US-31 over Grand River Lift Bridge Rehabilitation – Grand Haven, Michigan
- M-28 Reconstruction – Munising, Michigan
- US-2 Reconstruction – Crystal Falls, Michigan
- RFA Bridge Repairs – Detroit Metropolitan Area
- M-21 Ramp Design – Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Grand Rapids TSC As-Needed Contract – Grand Rapids Metropolitan Area
- Martin Luther King Drive Design-Build – Detroit, Michigan
- West Michigan Grand Prix track repairs – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Laura graduated from Purdue University with a Co-op Certificate earned through placements in Chicago and Milwaukee. She earned her master’s degree through Michigan State University while working full-time with a Lansing-based firm. She is a registered Professional Engineer in Michigan.
Laura is the Communications Committee Chairperson for Women’s Transportation Seminar’s Michigan Chapter. She is also active with the Institute of Transportation Engineers and ACEC of Michigan.
Laura’s extensive experience will be a true asset in the opening of M&M's Michigan office. We look forward to continuing to provide full-service bridge and highway engineering services to our Michigan-area clients. To learn more, contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.