Jon Gerhart Promoted to Project Manager
Modjeski and Masters, Inc. (M&M) is pleased to announce the appointment of Jon Gerhart, PE to Project Manager. With more than 21 years of electrical experience, Jon will contribute to the firm’s internal leadership in the areas of movable bridge electrical systems and highway lighting.
Jon joined M&M in 2010. Since then, he has been involved in a wide variety of highway lighting on interstates, state routes, and fixed bridges, and movable bridge projects, including inspections, new design, and rehabilitation of all types of movable highway and railroad bridges.
“Jon has been a great help to me for the past couple of years. In addition to his project duties, he has been assisting with proposals, business development, and the daily management of the electrical staff. This promotion recognizes his willingness to step up and is well deserved,” says Joe Strenkoski, senior project manager and director of electrical engineering. “I am excited about the future of the electrical section and glad Jon will be helping shape it.”
Jon has contributed to many notable projects, including:
- Rehabilitation of West Larose Bridge Vertical Lift Bridge over the Intercoastal Waterway
- US11 Over Lake Pontchartrain Bascule Bridges
- I-20 Mississippi River Bridge in Vicksburg MS
- Houma Navigational Canal Swing Bridge
- Highway Lighting for Multiple I-10 Widening Projects
- Port of New Orleans – Inspection of All Four Port of New Orleans Movable Bridges
- MassDOT – Fore River Vertical Lift Bridge Design-Build, and Statewide Movable Bridge Inspections
- New Orleans Gulf Coast RR – Movable Bridge Inspection, Emergency Troubleshooting, and Rehabilitation Scoping
- ConnDOT – Emergency Declaration Design Build Repairs and Statewide Movable bridge Inspections
- Navy Facilities – Inspection of Camp Lejeune Swing Bridge and Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam Retractable Concrete Pontoon Bridge
- City of Philadelphia – Highway Lighting for 15th Street and Grays Ferry Avenue
M&M’s President and CEO Michael Britt states, “Jon has become vitally important in our electrical department, assisting the day-to-day operations and management of the department, including workload planning, technical training, and mentoring of the younger engineers. Jon was instrumental in helping secure new work assignments from the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development and the West Virginia Division of Highways. Congratulations to Jon!”
Jon earned a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Pennsylvania State University in 1998. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania, Florida, Louisiana and Illinois.