A New Face to Lead M&M’s New Texas Office
Modjeski and Masters, Inc. is pleased to announce the hiring of Mr. John Holt, PE, as Senior Project Manager/Office Manager of our new Austin, TX office. Mr. Holt will be responsible for managing M&M’s operations in Texas and the surrounding region. John has served as a bridge engineer on a wide range of projects including new and replacement bridge projects for highway, rail, and pedestrian use, existing bridge rehabilitations including historic bridges, emergency bridge replacements, wildlife crossings, fatigue evaluations including field instrumentation, bridge construction inspection, superheavy analysis and permitting, bridge railing design, including numerous crash tests, and as project director or panel member for over 30 structural research projects. He worked for TxDOT Bridge Division for 30 years, retiring as Design Section Director in 2015.
“John is an excellent choice for the position of Manager of our new Austin, Texas office. He has the rare combination of DOT and consultant experience. We believe we are well positioned in the Texas market,” states President and CEO Michael F. Britt, PE.
He has been part of many notable projects which include:
- Emergency Re-design of Queen Isabella Causeway, Port Isabel, TX
- Fred Hartman Bridge, SH146, Baytown, TX
- New Houston Ship Channel Crossing, Beltway 8, Houston, TX
- Fatigue Life Assessment of Woodrow Wilson Bridge, Washington, DC
- I-30/I-35 Interchange, Fort Worth, TX
- Battleground Creek at CR453, Williamson Co, TX
- I-35/US290 Interchange, Austin, TX
- I-10/Beltway 8 Interchange, Pasadena, TX
- I-235/I-44 Interchange, Oklahoma City, OK
- Beveridge Bridge, San Saba Co, TX
- I-345 Elevated Fatigue Life Estimate and Fatigue Repairs, Dallas, TX.
John graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 1985 with a BSCE. He is a registered Professional Engineer in the Texas.
John's Professional Affiliations are composed of Structural Engineering Institute (Fellow), American Society of Civil Engineers, American Welding Society and is a member of TRB’s Committee on General Structures.
John's extensive experience working with TXDOT will be a true asset in the opening of M&M's Texas office. This exemplifies M&M's commitment in providing our clients with utmost service in ongoing projects as well as future endeavors in the Texas area. To learn more contact him directly JMHolt@modjeski.com or phone (512-797-2447).