Office Manager Promoted to Associate
Mr. Doughty began his career at M&M in the New York office in March of 1997. He participated as a structural engineer performing superstructure and substructure designs, checking engineering work for code compliance, and overseeing plan and specification development for numerous projects. He gained experience in design and/or analysis of various bridge types including steel and concrete multi-girder bridges, trusses, arches, and cable-supported bridges. Since relocating to North Carolina, Mr. Doughty has served as Design Engineer of Record for over 30 bridge projects. He has led the design of freight railroad bridges and also has extensive experience with designing and analyzing Light-Rail Transit aerial structures.
“Jason is proving to be an effective manager in M&M’s Raleigh Office. He possesses an entrepreneurial drive and is the personification of the firm’s values that we expect in all our managers. His attention to detail, concern for quality, and relationship-building with regional contractors and transportation agencies make him a valued asset.” states CEO Michael Britt, PE.
Mr. Doughty has contributed to many notable projects, including:
- Macombs Dam Bridge, New York, NY (NYCDOT)
- George Washington Bridge, Manhattan, NY (PANYNJ)
- Mid-Hudson Bridge, Hudson Valley, NY (NYSBA)
- Bayonne Bridge, Bayonne, NJ (PANYNJ)
- Replacement of Bridge S-28 on Hope Ferry Road over Fourteen Mile Creek, Lexington County, SC (SCDOT)
- Dominion Boulevard Improvements, Chesapeake, VA (City of Chesapeake)
- Topsail Island Bridge Replacement Project in Pender County, NC (NCDOT)
- Two bridges on the Winston-Salem Northern Beltway Project (NCDOT)
- I-85 widening in Cabarrus County and Davidson County (NCDOT)
- U-2579B – Bridge No.’s 15 and 16 on Winston-Salem Northern Beltway Project, Forsyth County, NC (NCDOT)
Jason graduated from Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA in 1996 with his B.S., and furthered his education at Manhattan College, Riverdale, NY obtaining his M.S. in 2001. Jason's Professional Affiliations include the AASHTO/NSBA Steel Bridge Collaboration Task Group 13 – Analysis of Steel Bridges and being a Friend of TRB AFF20 – Standing Committee on Steel Bridges.
Jason's extensive experience working with NCDOT will be a true asset in the opening of M&M's North Carolina office. This exemplifies M&M's commitment in providing our client's with utmost service in ongoing projects as well as future endeavors in the North Carolina area. To learn more contact him directly via email or phone (919-757-4858).