Dan McCaffrey Promoted to Senior Project Manager
Modjeski and Masters, Inc. (M&M) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dan McCaffrey, PE to Senior Project Manager.
Mr. McCaffrey joined M&M in 2000 and is the Assistant Director of the National Bridge Business Unit. He has been involved in a variety of bridge projects for both highway and rail traffic. Mr. McCaffrey has recently served as lead engineer and/or project manager on several complex design and rehabilitation projects for suspension, truss and arch bridges. In these positions, he has overseen all aspects of the structural design, as well as coordination with subconsultants and clients.
In his tenure with M&M, he has been involved in all aspects of the bridge engineering life-cycle process, from preliminary scoping and design, to asset management, to rating and rehabilitation projects. He has experience working with truss, arch, suspension, cable-stayed, and concrete and steel girder bridges. He has also worked with DOT's in the development of specifications, standard drawings, and design programs. In addition, he has served on several M&M Board committees, including corporate communications, mentoring, staff investment, and compensation committees.
"Dan has been the leading project manager in the National Bridge Group for some time. He brings a wealth of experience and judgment to his position that enables us to overcome the myriad of challenges that arise in complex bridge rehabilitation and design projects, for a variety of clients and project delivery methods," stated National Bridge Group Director Dr. Tom Murphy.
Mr. McCaffrey has contributed to many notable projects, including:
- Ambassador Bridge Deck Replacement and Rehabilitation, Detroit, MI
- Parkersburg Memorial Toll Bridge P3 Rehabilitation, Parkersburg, WV
- Sherman Minton Bridge Renewal, Louisville, KY
- Hawk Falls Bridge Replacement, Carbon County, PA
- Blue Water Bridge Repairs and Ratings, Port Huron, MI
- Waco Suspension Bridge Main Cable Replacement, Waco, TX
- Susquehanna Trail Bridge Replacement, York County, PA
- Hurricane Creek Br., Alabama Southern RR, Tuscaloosa, AL